Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic DateTime::TimeZone ---> 1.93 (Read 2713 times)
pyragony54
God Member

I Love YaBB!

Re: DateTime::TimeZone ---> 1.93
Reply #4 - Aug 24th, 2015 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
So I think it's actually quite good as it is. Finally, it has made a lot of work.

Bad manners keep people but the only reason for a kind of privilege, because no skin them on the mouth.

IP Logged

Dandello
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB 2.7!

Reply #3 - Aug 24th, 2015 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
I think we should start a movement to get rid of all TimeZone changes (DST, Wintertime - ALL OF IT) and go to UTC with local offsets.  Smiley

Perfection is not possible. Excellence, however, is excellent.
IP Logged

pyragony54
God Member

I Love YaBB!

Reply #2 - Aug 24th, 2015 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
Of course, the old versions work. Only, Dave Rolsky has deleted some cities and incorporated new. The new are not the problem, because "Country.lng" she does not yet know yes. The nullified make headaches. Click one to a city that no longer exists, there is a nasty error message. For each module change I also work this file and for good reason. Russia has continuously introduced the wintertime. Older modules have not already. But Jokingly is that some websites that display the world time, also do not yet know.

Bad manners keep people but the only reason for a kind of privilege, because no skin them on the mouth.

IP Logged

Dandello
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB 2.7!

Reply #1 - Aug 24th, 2015 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
And so as to not panic people - my personal observation is that slightly older versions of DateTime work okay so long as you don't have users in areas where the time zone/DST has changed recently.

But an installation guide would be great. Smiley

Perfection is not possible. Excellence, however, is excellent.
IP Logged

pyragony54
God Member

I Love YaBB!

DateTime::TimeZone ---> 1.93
Aug 24th, 2015 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
Dave Rolsky from CPAN has completely revised the module. Simply copying the folder "Modules" is no longer possible because "List::Utils" is out of date on most servers and must be replaced. So it is only one installation on the server. After a few days work me the result is the succeeded "cpanminus" and "WinSCP", faultlessly. If desired I like to do an installation guide with pictures. It's not hard when you know how it goes.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint