Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Sticky Topic Converting Mods for 2.6.1 (Read 3275 times)
Dandello
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB 2.7!

Re: Converting Mods for 2.6.1
Reply #1 - Nov 29th, 2014 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
Nov 29th, 2014 at 3:36pm 2.6.1 Build 1606+ (AKA 2.6.11 I think) has a number of differences from 2.6.0:
  • Mod Hooks - these are comments in the code to make it easier to find where new items get added to various lists. For arrays use the Perl push function to add items to the end of the list.
    Code (Perl)
    Select All
    push @arrayname, $moditem; 

For hashes use
    Code (Perl)
    Select All
    $hashname{'moditemname'} = 'ModItem text'; 

- most of these are in the Language files and the new items inserted just above the '1;' at the bottom of the page. (In ContextHelp.lng there is a Mod Hook for new items to be added - the javascript hash for ContextHelp is generated from %contextxt as of Build 1608 or so.)
  • Mod locations: Mods should get put into the Mods folders ('Admin/Mods', Languages/language/Mods', and 'Sources/Mods'. This gets them away from the mainline code. It also keeps them from being read by Detailed Version Check.

Currently the above changes are only suggestions. These have been implemented here and will strongly suggested for 2.6.2.

Perfection is not possible. Excellence, however, is excellent.
IP Logged

Dandello
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB 2.7!

Converting Mods for 2.6.1
Sep 3rd, 2014 at 12:01am
Print Post  
Luckily, many of the 2.6.0 mods will work with 2.6.1. I should have most of the 2.6.0 mods checked by the end of the week to make sure the BoardMod program can install them on 2.6.1.

Perfection is not possible. Excellence, however, is excellent.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint