Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Backup e-mail address idea (Read 11026 times)
xnoddyx
Global Moderator

I Love YaBB!

Re: Backup e-mail address idea
Reply #1 - Aug 25th, 2014 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
Batchman wrote on Aug 16th, 2014 at 6:51pm:
You know, now and then e-mail accounts do glitch, and quit working for a bit.

Most the time it is only for a few minutes or a couple of hours, then whatever the problem is with the mail server gets fixed, and things are back to normal.

But I have lost access to an e-mail for a couple of weeks at least once before (the fellow who runs my web host was in the hospital for a time, and was not able to get the problem with the server fixed for a couple of weeks) and it can make it very hard to get in and do anything that requires being sent an e-mail.

And since you frequently have to have a message sent to your old e-mail to verify that you want to change to a new e-mail address ....

What about allowing a user to include a second e-mail as a back-up. It would be checked the same way the first one was, but when asking for an e-mail to be sent, one could click a check box or something, asking to use the back-up e-mail address. If the user had not provided a back-up e-mail address, then the check box would not appear, of course.

Just an idea ... what does anybody else think?

sounds good to me  Smiley

as bill and ted say be excellent to each other
(More to come)
GTalkFacebookYouTube  
IP Logged

Batchman

I Love YaBB!

Backup e-mail address idea
Aug 16th, 2014 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
You know, now and then e-mail accounts do glitch, and quit working for a bit.

Most the time it is only for a few minutes or a couple of hours, then whatever the problem is with the mail server gets fixed, and things are back to normal.

But I have lost access to an e-mail for a couple of weeks at least once before (the fellow who runs my web host was in the hospital for a time, and was not able to get the problem with the server fixed for a couple of weeks) and it can make it very hard to get in and do anything that requires being sent an e-mail.

And since you frequently have to have a message sent to your old e-mail to verify that you want to change to a new e-mail address ....

What about allowing a user to include a second e-mail as a back-up. It would be checked the same way the first one was, but when asking for an e-mail to be sent, one could click a check box or something, asking to use the back-up e-mail address. If the user had not provided a back-up e-mail address, then the check box would not appear, of course.

Just an idea ... what does anybody else think?

If you don't know where you are, but you don't care, you're not lost ... you're exploring!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint