Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Menu disappears ... Quickly FIXED. (Read 5190 times)
Dandello
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB 2.7!

Re: Menu disappears ... Quickly FIXED.
Reply #5 - Jul 13th, 2016 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
To clarify - most of the time when the management or functioning of other forums (no matter what forum) is brought up, it's to be negative about the management of that other forum in a place where that management can't defend themselves and may not even know they're subject to discussion.

I honestly have no idea why YaBBForum's preview function is so slow and I freely admit that my javascript skills are not good enough to code the preview be an 'in browser' function.  Sad

But I'm glad it functions well here. I'm a member of quite a few forums where the preview has to be refreshed to see any changes made.

Edited:
Remember, for the vast majority of forums, the rules that are in place are a response to that admin's experiences in running that or other forums. For myself, I have had very bad experiences with people (not YaBBers and not here) making very negative comments about other forums - including members of other forums making flat out false statements about MY forums and members. 
So - concerning YaBBForum - a quick note that they're having problems that maybe I can fix, fine. Beyond that, please don't.

Perfection is not possible. Excellence, however, is excellent.
IP Logged

Bill Myers

Using YaBB since 2002

Reply #4 - Jul 13th, 2016 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the reminder. With Batchman's post to remind me that I miss good, and healthy discussions in a YaBB forum, I had forgotten that you don't really allow them here in your forum. I forgot how you put it exactly, but to paraphrase, this forum isn't for discussions. It's only here for YaBB's development. It's too bad that there isn't a section for open discussions, especially since it's possible that your forum may end up being YaBB's actual support forum at some point given YaBB's spotty history.

Of course, this illustrates my point highlighting one of the reasons that forums aren't as popular as Facebook or Twitter where speech isn't censored so restrictively. Those entities censor the normal stuff such as hate speech, and other obvious bad actions that, in general, people support sensible censorship.

By the way, my intention wasn't to comment about YaBB's management per se. I was actually referring to how well your forum operates versus the support forum, i.e., Preview works as it should while one is typing; that kind of thing.

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!
IP Logged

Dandello
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB 2.7!

Reply #3 - Jul 13th, 2016 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
[offtopic]Remember, we do have a rule against commenting on the management of other forums - that said, I too am frustrated over there.[/offtopic]

IP Logged

Bill Myers

Using YaBB since 2002

Reply #2 - Jul 13th, 2016 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
Got it!

By the way, the triple edit on my original post worked great.

Also, really a compliment for you; not meant as a slam on YaBB's support forum, but your forum here operates so much better than that one does. Smiley

IP Logged

Dandello
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB 2.7!

Re: Menu disappears ...
Reply #1 - Jul 13th, 2016 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
I took out the Facebook link because FaceBook fracked it up. We went from 55+ likes to 1. I have no idea why. Smiley My other site with likes is okay. 
While taking out the FaceBook like, I got a typo.    Embarrassed

IP Logged

Bill Myers

Using YaBB since 2002

Menu disappears ... Quickly FIXED.
Jul 13th, 2016 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
Just so you know, your forum's menu disappears if the Forum default or New Fall template is chosen. Until I realized this, I was unable to log out.

Edited:
For the quick fixes:  Smiley
Edited:
I don't know if I should delete this post or not. Because of your quick fix, my post is no longer relevant. As such, please feel free to disappear it. Wink

Edited:
Uh, double edit obviously works as it should. So does triple edit. Cool
« Last Edit: Jul 13th, 2016 at 5:12pm by Bill Myers »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint