Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic EU Cookies Privacy Popup (Read 8865 times)
Dandello
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB 2.7!

Re: EU Cookies Privacy Popup
Reply #9 - Apr 23rd, 2016 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
There's probably a typo relating to how it writes to Settings.pm. The timing should work since I have the Mod running here.

Perfection is not possible. Excellence, however, is excellent.
IP Logged

@Guardx

I Love YaBB!

Reply #8 - Apr 23rd, 2016 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
Found an error,

When all is install, on
Quote:
In Admin Center -> Forum Settings -> Members -> Privacy -> set location of your privacy statement and how many days for the Privacy Cookie to expire and the popup shows again.

when adding the url for the privacy.html, if we dont add "" it doesnt work and gave an error, I notice that it write the url without "" on the Setting.pm on line $privacy_url =.
Adding the "" with url, in location of your privacy statement section, will add the url correctly and it work well, don't know yet if it respect the days delay.

or is it only me?

IP Logged

Dandello
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB 2.7!

Reply #7 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
New zips in 1st post

IP Logged

Dandello
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB 2.7!

Reply #6 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 1:26am
Print Post  
Nope - never got around to rewriting this one.  Cry

But this zip works with YabMod

Edited:
But there appears to be awierd formatting problem with it.  Tongue
« Last Edit: Mar 5th, 2015 at 3:10pm by Dandello »  

eucookie_2611_ym.zip (Attachment deleted | 47 Downloads )

IP Logged

Dandello
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB 2.7!

Reply #5 - Dec 21st, 2014 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
I think after the holidays I shall rewrite this one to include editing of the privacy statement via the Admin Center - COPPA Compliance has the code. (But that also means multiple versions of both Mods. Oh well...  Roll Eyes )

IP Logged

Dandello
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB 2.7!

Reply #4 - Dec 21st, 2014 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
Thanks. Smiley

IP Logged

Red Barchetta

Reply #3 - Dec 21st, 2014 at 4:25am
Print Post  
So again I'll make the offer to you, to create a Cookie Policy Template from what I posted that you can include with your eucookie mod and to post here for others to use.  Cool

Florida Classics and Muscle Car Automotive Forum Administrator
IP Logged

Dandello
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB 2.7!

Reply #2 - Dec 21st, 2014 at 3:13am
Print Post  
YaBB uses Cookies to keep track of certain types of user preferences like sort options, guest language choices, user logins, whether or not the user is logged into a password protected board. There are YaBB Mods that use cookies to remember if someone under-aged tried to register. The EU Cookies Privacy Popup uses a cookie to remember when the popup was shown to a user. 

'forever' cookies simply have a very long expiration date. Logging out should remove most YaBB Cookies. 

I figure if someone is coming back to a forum after a year or more, the chances are they're on a new machine with a new browser and the old cookies aresn't even there to worry about.

IP Logged

Red Barchetta

Reply #1 - Dec 21st, 2014 at 2:19am
Print Post  
If I use the "Keep Me Logged IN" option, does that change the life of the cookies? Are the cookies deleted when I log out or are they kept valid for the length set in the admin section? How long should we keep cookies valid? I've read from 30 days to 2 years. The argument against long times is that if a member returns a year later, is the data the cookie holds still going to be relevant?

Here is the document in HTML that I was thinking of using, but want some clarification on how YaBB handles the cookies first. If all is well, feel free to modify and use on your own forum.

Code (HTML)
Select All
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<title>Site Cookie Policy</title>
</head>
<body>
<p><h1>Cookie Policy for Florida Classic and Muscle Forum</h1> </p>
<h2> What Are Cookies  </h2>
<p>As is common practice with almost all professional websites this site uses cookies, which are tiny files that are downloaded to your computer, to improve your experience. This page describes what information they gather, how we use it and why we sometimes need to store these cookies. We will also share how you can prevent these cookies from being stored however this may downgrade or 'break' certain elements of the sites functionality.<br><br />
For more general information on cookies see the <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie" target="_new">Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies</a>... </p>
<h2>How We Use Cookies</h2>
<p>We use cookies for a variety of reasons detailed below. Unfortunately in most cases there are no industry standard options for disabling cookies without completely disabling the functionality and features they add to this site. It is recommended that you leave on all cookies if you are not sure whether you need them or not in case they are used to provide a service that you use. </p>
<h2>Disabling Cookies</h2>
<p>You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies. </p>
<h2>The Cookies We Set</h2>
<p>If you create an account with us then we will use cookies for the management of the signup process and general administration. These cookies will usually be deleted when you log out however in some cases they may remain afterwards to remember your site preferences when logged out.<br><br />
We use cookies when you are logged in so that we can remember this fact. This prevents you from having to log in every single time you visit a new page. These cookies are typically removed or cleared when you log out to ensure that you can only access restricted features and areas when logged in. </p>
<h2>Third Party Cookies</h2>
<p>We do not use third party cookies. </p>
<h2>More Information</h2>
<p>Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren't sure whether you need or not it's usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site. However if you are still looking for more information, you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods.  </p>
<p>Email: <a href="mailto:xxxxxxx@comcast.net">xxxxxxx@comcast.net</a></p>
</body>
</html>

Florida Classics and Muscle Car Automotive Forum Administrator
IP Logged

Dandello
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB 2.7!

EU Cookies Privacy Popup
Dec 16th, 2014 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
EU Cookies Privacy Popup YaBB 2.6.11 ver 0.3
by Dandello

This mod adds a EU Cookie Privacy notice

Version History
---------------
0.1 - First release - September 02, 2014
0.2 - Updated for 2.6.11, added Admin editing functions - December 16, 2014
0.3 - Added sample Privacy.html (courtesy Red Barchetta)

For YaBB 2.6.11 

Instructions:

Apply the mod and upload (in ASCII mode):

cgi-bin/yabb2/Admin/Modlist.pm
cgi-bin/yabb2/NewSettings.pm
cgi-bin/yabb2/Settings_Main.pm
cgi-bin/Languages/English/Admin.lng
cgi-bin/Languages/English/Main.lng
cgi-bin/yabb2/Sources/Subs.pm
cgi-bin/yabb2/Templates/default/default.html
yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default.css

Edit Privacy.html to include your site name and contact email. Upload Privacy.html to your site's document root. (If you are using the Coppa Compliance Mod or have your own privacy statement, use that instead.)
In Admin Center -> Forum Settings -> Members -> Privacy -> set location of your privacy statement and how many days for the Privacy Cookie to expire and the popup shows again.

Edited:
missing default time variable
« Last Edit: Mar 5th, 2015 at 3:38pm by Dandello »  

eucookie_2611_4.zip (Attachment deleted | 50 Downloads )
eucookie_2611_ym_001.zip (Attachment deleted | 57 Downloads )

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint