Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Add More Message Icons (Read 3564 times)
pyragony54
God Member

I Love YaBB!

Re: Add More Message Icons
Reply #1 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 8:54am
Print Post  
@ Batchman

Thanks for the mod I have searched and not found.

Bad manners keep people but the only reason for a kind of privilege, because no skin them on the mouth.

IP Logged

Batchman

I Love YaBB!

Add More Message Icons
Aug 1st, 2014 at 8:30am
Print Post  
There was a mod back in version 1.3 or 1.4 that worked much like the Add More Smilies mod (which eventually became our really robust smiley center in 2.0) called Add More Message Icons. That mod let you add more smileys or images to the ones like  Exclaim or  Questioning (or the green thumbs up that I used for this thread). It was a nice, professional, high quality mod.

It never made it to version 2.0.

Instead, I hunted down enough information to set up a sort of 'do-it-yourself' mod that installed four specific smilies that I was interested in having as message icons. If somebody else wanted to use different smilies, they could go in and replace mine with theirs. It wasn't elegant. The coding wasn't pretty. But it did let me add the four specific extra message icons that I wanted.

In a fit of optimism, I am going to upload that weird little 'do-it-yourself' mod, and see if there is anybody who would like the challenge of making a more full-featured version once again. If not, I may just have to check and see what it will take to get my 'do-it-yourself' working again.

Add_More_Message_Icons_25.zip (Attachment deleted | 55 Downloads )

If you don't know where you are, but you don't care, you're not lost ... you're exploring!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint