Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Some general rules of thumb for Modders (Read 27677 times)
pyragony54
God Member

I Love YaBB!

Re: Some general rules of thumb for Modders
Reply #1 - Jul 18th, 2014 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
I have already more than half done in boardmod.de and must now pack all new again.

Bad manners keep people but the only reason for a kind of privilege, because no skin them on the mouth.

IP Logged

Dandello
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB 2.7!

Some general rules of thumb for Modders
Jul 18th, 2014 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
  • All Mod graphics should go in yabbfiles/ModImages. 
  • YaBB 2.6.0 uses css buttons to you don't need to worry about buttons for multiple languages. You do need to have the button graphic if your mod needs a button rather than a navigation link.
  • Previously, if a Mod package had been translated into languages other than English, those translations would be included in the Mod's package. Unfortunately this increases the size of the Mod package and implies that the Mod in question is only supported in those languages. My suggestion - package the translation/patches separately. Then when language patches are done in additional languages they can be uploaded separately. 

As soon as I have time I'll be looking at a Mod download utility where mod details and the translation packs are listed.

Perfection is not possible. Excellence, however, is excellent.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint