Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Finnish language files - ISO-8859-1 (Read 7933 times)
Monni

Min izāmō

Re: Finnish language files - ISO-8859-1
Reply #8 - Jul 16th, 2014 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
pyragony54 wrote on Jul 16th, 2014 at 6:44pm:
You can have in my test forum Admin access. This is not a problem. If, however, until next week. I have been playing over 30 mods and so it would just not work with the Finnish translation, if the mods have not been previously adapted. Next week, I put it on in the raw state. You're welcome to have FTP access there. Is only a test page. 

http://yabbtest.de/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

I don't know how much time I will have for translating mods, as it's holiday season here... I just finished translating rest of the strings in unmodified 2.6.0 ... Will reupload them later this week.

IP Logged

pyragony54
God Member

I Love YaBB!

Reply #7 - Jul 16th, 2014 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
You can have in my test forum Admin access. This is not a problem. If, however, until next week. I have been playing over 30 mods and so it would just not work with the Finnish translation, if the mods have not been previously adapted. Next week, I put it on in the raw state. You're welcome to have FTP access there. Is only a test page. 

http://yabbtest.de/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

Bad manners keep people but the only reason for a kind of privilege, because no skin them on the mouth.

IP Logged

Monni

Min izāmō

Reply #6 - Jul 16th, 2014 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
pyragony54 wrote on Jul 16th, 2014 at 3:57pm:
I know the problem. Finland also has many accents, especially "ä". This really only comes into consideration ISO. I will install next week once the translation in the test forum. This week it is no longer, as I update a go on the weekend and do not have the time now. We'll talk then. But remember, if you make the forum now to finnish, even the mods should be made on finisch. Only perfect work is good work. 
Then welcome to the translation team.

Finnish only has three accented characters "a ring", "a umlaut" and "o umlaut"... What is the problem except those three characters is the characters required by EU and some incomplete characters (minuscule or capital letter missing in Latin-1).

I am still working on the admin panel related strings for Finnish language packs, but those are low priority as I don't have admin access on the forum the packs were originally made for.

IP Logged

pyragony54
God Member

I Love YaBB!

Reply #5 - Jul 16th, 2014 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
I know the problem. Finland also has many accents, especially "ä". This really only comes into consideration ISO. I will install next week once the translation in the test forum. This week it is no longer, as I update a go on the weekend and do not have the time now. We'll talk then. But remember, if you make the forum now to finnish, even the mods should be made on finisch. Only perfect work is good work. 
Then welcome to the translation team.

Bad manners keep people but the only reason for a kind of privilege, because no skin them on the mouth.

IP Logged

Monni

Min izāmō

Reply #4 - Jul 16th, 2014 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
The problem with UTF-8 is that for a lot of languages, it doesn't represent all the characters correctly or efficiently... Some characters have two possible values and some values represent two or more characters.

For Finnish, I would have to make three variations, Latin-1, Latin-15 and UTF-8 if I were to support all possible operating systems and browser versions... Latin-1 is the oldest one, the one that all the common operating systems and browsers support. Latin-15 is the newest one that has additional characters that some people could need.

IP Logged

pyragony54
God Member

I Love YaBB!

Reply #3 - Jul 16th, 2014 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
No, ISO is okay. But I see that it is also, as in Russian, problems are here to me the salutation of certain ages.

IP Logged

Monni

Min izāmō

Reply #2 - Jul 16th, 2014 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
pyragony54 wrote on Jul 16th, 2014 at 3:35pm:
Finnish and ISO? Would not UTF-8 better?

Because the forum it was written for does use Latin-1... It doesn't take long to convert it to UTF-8, but maintaining two copies makes no sense until all the strings are translated.

IP Logged

pyragony54
God Member

I Love YaBB!

Reply #1 - Jul 16th, 2014 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
Finnish and ISO? Would not UTF-8 better?

IP Logged

Monni

Min izāmō

Finnish language files - ISO-8859-1
Jul 16th, 2014 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
Still work in progress, but already a lot of the strings are translated...
« Last Edit: Aug 31st, 2014 at 10:30am by Monni »  

Suomi.zip (Attachment deleted | 50 Downloads )
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint